Sunday, February 27, 2011

Good News


I'm so excited to tell everyone my with recent news! Like I said before, I'm not going to be returning to YWAM just yet, so since then I've been persistent in asking the Lord what He has for me now and to open my eyes to new opportunities. Very soon after that, I received a call from the parents of two of my good friends informing me that they were taking a team to Haiti on a missions trip and were praying about who to take and decided to ask me. It literally couldn't have been better timing. Since then, everything has happened so fast and has been so smooth and I'll be going to Haiti March 22 through March 30! I know it's just a short missions trip but there is no doubt in my mind that God is going to rock my world and all those that are a part of my team. I feel so blessed to be a part of this and to be able to lay down myself for nine days and allow the Lord to do His work through us.

I feel very strongly that the Lord has given us the verse John 14:12, "I (Jesus) tell you the truth, anyone who has faith in me will do what I have been doing. He will do even greater things than these, because I am going to the Father." I feel like God wants to see a mighty work done in Haiti, things that you don't normally see, the impossible to become a reality. All it takes is our faithfulness to Him and to His people and I believe we will see this come to pass.


What we will be doing:
  1.  Build a roof on a school building (which needs to be completed before the upcoming rainy season) – the K-12 school has 1,500 students with only two small buildings 
  2. Work to restore the security wall around the orphanage that was damaged during the January 2010 earthquake 
  3. Help our team dentist with dental work on the Haitian children 
  4. Host a basketball clinic and tournament to bring joy and hope to the children and young people of Haiti 
  5. Host a seminar for schoolteachers, as they have little or no formal training 
  6. Spend time loving and helping the children and staff at the orphanage
I don't know who is reading this, but I would like to be bold and ask you for your support in two ways, by prayer and by donation if possible. I don't want you to think that this is about me in any way, this is way above me and anything I can or will be doing, but completely about God and those people we will be ministering to. If you would like to support us in these ways, thank you for blessing us and being a part of what God is doing in Haiti. If you desire to support financially, you can make checks out to: 

Cherry Hills Community Church (or CHCC)
Write "DTW - Haiti" in the memo line of the check
And mail it to my home address:
Mary Jo Aguilera
9618 South Townsville Circle
Littleton, Colorado 80130

Thank you again for taking the time to read this! If you have any questions email me at mj-aguilera@hotmail.com

1 comment:

  1. great!!!



    xoxo from rome
    K.
    http://kcomekarolina.blogspot.com/

    (there's a GIVE_AWAY)

    ReplyDelete